Thursday, February 4, 2010

Lost, Employment, and a Good Samaritan

Alright, Tuesday for me was an excellent day, so I'm going to blog about it! Three things happened on Tuesday for me that just made it stand out above a lot of the days I've had in the past 8-12 months:

1. The final season of Lost premiered! Now, I'm super excited, and sortof sad at the same time. Lost has been a phenomenal show to watch. I like to think I've watched my fair share of TV dramas, as well as a good variety of movies, so it really does take a lot to surprise me. Whatever I'm watching, I can usually figure out the ending by about half of the way through. Most of the time with movies, the storyline is written well enough that even if the ending is predictable, it can still be a good movie. In an hour long television show though, if a show makes a habit of being predictable, I lose interest. So here we are starting the sixth and final season of Lost, and I'm still managing to be surprised, as well as have a plethora of new questions or theories with EVERY episode. It's really thought provoking, and forces you to think outside of the box. I won't go into my theories or anything here(as I'll be posting a specific Lost blog in a few weeks), but I am purely commenting on how great it made my day to look forward to a brand new episode of my favorite show... a TWO HOUR episode at that!

2. I GOT A JOB!!! One of my best friends Becca(who I was spending the day with before we settled down for Lost that evening), who I know and worked with at Applebee's now works at the Red Robin located on Bothell Everett Highway. I mentioned to her that If she heard of any job opening that she should keep me posted, because I would love to work with her again. I don't know how she did it, but she managed to get me an interview. It was probably just perfect timing(i.e. someone just quit, or something like that), but since we were spending the day together anyways, we set it up for that afternoon, and we took a trip down there. One very successful interview later, I was shaking managements hand and agreeing to come in for orientation on Monday at two-thirty. I'm super excited to be starting work again, and even more excited that it's in restaurant work with two of my former Applebuddies.

3. After getting back to Becca's apartment, eating some fantastic enchiladas with her and her family, and watching Lost, I headed home around 11:30. Now, I was in a fantastic mood, and feeling like I needed to indulge myself a little bit. Generally, I really dislike chocolate and ice cream, and I'm a pretty darn healthy eater when I'm not out on the town or with friends. But I have one weakness: Fudgesicles. I don't know why, considering they're made out of two elements that I dislike, but I don't want to argue with frozen deliciousness. I also have a very special place in my stomach for extra buttery popcorn(my favorite brand being Jolly Time Blast-o-Butter). I decided that a late-night Safeway run was entirely in order.
Upon walking around Safeway for a bit, I also grabbed a few things I was wanting that happened to be on sale(coffee, avocados, bagels, cream cheese, etc.) when I went to checkout, the total came to about fifteen dollars. having only 4 dollars in cash on me at the time, I used my debit card, which I had used for gas earlier in the day. I entered my PIN number, and was told it was 'incorrect' 3 times before I gave up. There was a guy in line behind me, and I didn't want to make him wait while I called the number on my card. I told the cashier to clear my purchases, to ring this man up, and we could just re-ring my things when I got off the phone. I called my bank, and the automated service helped me straighten it out. I got off the phone as the man I had let pass me was grabbing his groceries and walking out the door. Turning to the Cashier I said "Sorry about that! We can ring that stuff up again now!" She cocked he head to the side and said "Ma'am, that man told me not to clear your items, and to just keep going. He paid for your things for you." Shocked, I thanked her, grabbed my bags, and rushed outside to try to find and thank the man. I saw him pulling out in an old truck, and I waved. He nodded at me and smiled.
That was one of the coolest things that's ever happened to me. Some guy in his mid-late twenties just paid for my groceries. I wasn't upset, or freaking out, or even without the money to cover it... I was just having a problem with my card. And he just did it without wanting anything in return; even a thank you. I had an encounter with a true good samaritan... in Lake Stevens of all places! It may seem like a little thing, but I was super pumped about it, and it was a great ending to an awesome day!

 So yeah, that was the three awesome things that made my day on Tuesday! Remember sometime that if you're in a position to help a random person, even in a little way, that it could be a gesture that makes their day. If I'm ever in the position to help a person like that man helped me, I will. No thanks required. Sometimes just knowing that you were kind to your fellow man is payment enough. Kindness is contagious people! Anyways, that's all for now. Peace out !

-Steph


Any Questions or Suggestions?
PLEASE post them in a comment here for sure, but you can also send me an email.
Please include the word 'BLOGSPOT' in the subject so that I don't block you as spam!
Stephanie_88_06@msn.com

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER! Click Here for my profile

1 comment:

  1. Love the new layout. You'll have to show me (do mine) how to do it!

    ReplyDelete